SAMPLE PLACEMENT QUESTIONS
51. The voltage obtained when digital input is 001 is a 3 bit R-2R ladder DIA converter is-
a.) VR/22 b.) VR/21 c.) VR/23 d.) none of the above
52. In memory mapped I/O address lines are-
a.) 8 b.) 16 c.) 32 d.) 64
53. A man who visits his friend is a
a.) Host b.) Ghost c.) Master d.) Guest
54. Red Blood corpuscles are formed in
a. ) Marrow b.) Kidney c). Liver d). heart
55. Between the plates of an air capacitor if a glass slab is slipped without moving the plate then
a.) Its capacitance is decreased b.) Its capacitance is increased
c.) Its capacitance is hardly affected d.) Capacitor is discharged
56. Human ear can detect sound intensities of the order of
a.) 10-20 w/m2 b). 10-13 w/m2 c.) 10-6 w/m2 d.) 10-3 w/m2
57. Earth’s average speed per second around the sun is
a.) 30 km b. ) 32 km c.) 34 km d.) 35 km
58. If 2x-y=4 then 6x-3y=? (a)15 (b)12 (c)18 (d)10
59. A number of cats got together and decided to kill between them 999919 mice. Every cat killed an equal number of mice. Each cat killed more mice than there were cats. How many cats do you think there were?__
60. If it takes five minutes to boil one egg, how long will it take to boil four eggs? ________
61. There are six steps that lead from the first to the second floor. No two people can be on the same step
Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C
Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D
Only one step is vacant (No one standing on that step)
i) If Mr. A is on the first step, Which of the following is true?
(a) Mr. B is on the second step (b) Mr. C is on the fourth step.
(c) A person Mr. E, could be on the third step (d) Mr. D is on higher step than Mr. C.
ii) If Mr. E was on the third step & Mr. B was on a higher step than Mr. E which step must be vacant
(a) step 1 (b) step 2 (c) step 4 (d) step 5 (e) step 6
iii) If there were two steps between the step that A was standing and the step that B was standing on, and A was on a higher step than D , A must be on step
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5 (e) 6
62. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6 hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the water current?
(a) 1/2 km ph (b) 7/12 km ph (c) 5 km ph (d) none of these
63. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second b) 1 seconds c) 4 seconds d) 2 seconds
64. A dishonest shopkeeper professes to sell pulses at the cost
price, but he uses a false weight of 950gm. for
65. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one b) more than one c) two hops d) four hops
66. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz b) 8 Khz c) 16 Khz d) 64 Khz
67. Word alignment is
a) aligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine. b) aligning to even boundary.
c) aligning to word boundary. d) none of the above.
68. When a 'C' function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variables.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above.
69. What is the type of signaling used between two exchanges?
a) inband b) common channel signaling c) any of the above
d) none of the above.
70. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM. b) allocated in ROM. c) allocated on stack.
d) assigned to registers.
71. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is
a) terminal adapter b) bulletin board c) modem d) terminal emulation
72. Find the output of the following program
73. Binary equivalent of 52 _________________________
74. The percentage of times a page number bound in associate register is called ___________
75. Expand MODEM ___________________________________
76. What is meant by polymorphism? _______________________________________________
77. What does the protocol FTP do? ______________________________________________
78. Why is a gateway used ____________________________________________________
In unix 'ls 'stores contents in ______________________
79. In OST, terminal emulation is done in
(a) sessions layer (b) application layer (c) presentation layer
(d) transport layer
80. For 1 MB memory, the number of address lines required,
(a)11 (b)16 (c)22 (d) 24
81. Semaphore is used for
(a) synchronization (b) dead-lock avoidance (c) box (d) none
82. When applets are downloaded from web sites , a byte verifier performs __________________?
83 .In the process table entry for the kernel process, the process id value is
(a) 0 (b) 1 (c) 2 (d) 255 (e) it does not have a process table entry
84. The standard source for standard input, standard output and standard error is
a) the terminal b) /dev/null c) /usr/you/input, /usr/you/output/,
85. Which program construct must return a value?
a) Package b) Function c) Anonymous block d) Stored Procedure
e) Application Procedure
86. What was the first name given to Java Programming Language.
a) Oak – Java b) Small Talk c) Oak d) None
87. A certain radioactive element A, has a half life = t seconds.
In (t/2) seconds the fraction of the initial quantity of the element so far decayed is nearly
(a) 29% (b) 15% (c) 10% (d) 45%
88. If the sum of the roots of the equation ax2 + bx + c=0 is
equal to the sum of the squares of
(a) AP (b) GP (c) HP (d) None of these
89. A man speaks the truth 3 out of 4 times. He throws a die and reports it to be a 6.
What is the probability of it being a 6?
(a) 3/8 (b) 5/8 (c) ¾ (d) None of the above
90. Image of point (3,8) in the line x + 3y = 7 is
(a) (-1,-4) (b) (-1,4) (c) (2,-4) (d) (-2,-4)
91. When X-Ray photons collide with electrons
(a) They slow down (b) Their mass increases (c) Their wavelength increases
(d) Their energy decreases
92. is char a and char *ptr same ?
a. can we use void fun(char *ptr) in place of void fun( char a)?
b.. what is the o/p of printf("%d",i++*++i);
c.. Can a structure point to itself ?
93. Is it possible to make earth a nuclear weapons free zone? How? Write 200 words.
94. Using fours and
arithmetic operations write from 1 to 10
95. A container has 64 lit of alcohol. 8 lit of which is removed and added
with same amt of water.
96. chief : tribe :: governor
97. epaulette :
shoulder :: tiara : head
98. guttural : throat
:: gastric : stomach
99. inept : clever ::
languid : active
100. Erudite : scholar :: illiterate : ignorant